We all like to ensure we get value for money and of course, that’s true for Landlords in Cardiff, too. With several choices to make before renting out your property, how do you ensure you make the right decisions for the best return? Read on for our top six tips for saving money on your rental property and getting the best return on your investment:
1. Choose the right Cardiff letting agent. Read their online reviews. Examine their fees and ask how they deal with maintenance queries and rent arrears.
2. Make sure you have the best mortgage product to suit your needs. We are in the best climate for buy-to-let mortgages since before the 2008 crash. There is lots more choice for Landlords now. Considering consulting a Mortgage Advisor to make sure you have the best deal.
3. Occupation over rent pcm. Every day your property is empty is lost revenue. Be careful not to set your rent so high that you put off potential tenants. Consult your agent for setting the asking rent right in the first place and you’ll have an occupied rental property in no time.
4. If you are considering providing white goods, include a fridge freezer. Tenants are not fond of small ice boxes in fridges and you’ll get a little extra rent for providing good cold food storage.
5. Keep the outside space simple and easy to maintain. Not everyone has green fingers. A nice patio and a few pots will be much easier for your tenants to look after than an elaborate garden.
We hope this was helpful to you if you are a first-time or more experienced Landlord. We are a letting agency based in Fairwater, Cardiff and we serve Landlords all over Cardiff. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
For information on our services to Landlords, see here
Heather and Leanne